Tuesday, May 17, 2011

i dont laugh

Salam.

hi. i rarely laugh in my class. from what ive learnt or heard, they say that for new teachers,we better hold our laugh and put on our most serious face for the first few months. and now, ive been teaching for 2 months. and 3 of my 5 classes were kinda raise my blood pressure.

and this week, I actually laughed in all my classes- except 4PD. I just could not hold it anymore.my face was red and seeing them laughing actually made me laughed too.and my students were kinda surprised that i actually laughed.
 ***
Case 1
i was teaching and I saw this one boy who sat in front row - was picking his nose like there was no one else in the class. he was sooo into it. I didnt want to embarrass him so i didnt say anything. but then, the other students were looking at him and whispering to each other. I saw their faces like 'euww' and that boy was still picking his nose coz he did not realise that his friends were actually talking behind his back- well both literally and figuratively.

and I actually laughed a little when i saw the other girls' facial expressions. and the other students were then laughed too.  I tried to stop laughing but the whole class was laughing so it was so hard for me to stop laughing.

and this one girl then said to me
'teacher, dah selalu dah teacher. saya nak termuntah tengok'.

and what happened to the boy?

he stopped picking his nose and smiled sheepishly.


case 2

i taught the class about dental health. so there was a set of pictures. and one of them is a picture of a toothbrush and a caption : twice a day.

So i asked them.
"How often should you brush your teeth?"

and then this one girl loudly and confidently said,
"twice a year!"

I was like...laughing! and the whole class too! and one boy said
"weh, beghulat lah gigi!!!"

like seriously, the girl was very confident. and when she realised that she was tersasul. she just smiled. and i just couldnt stop laughing when the rest was laughing out loud.

case 3

this is the second last class. so they were quite lazy.i told them that whomever late to my class, will have to say a few things/words in english. and these 2 boys, always be the late ones. and i asked them to sing an english song. they were reluctant. so i did not allow them to sit. they just blurred coz they dont know an english song. i asked them to sing "brother John" as duet. and I gave them a pair of marker pens as microphones. and when the part "ding dong bell" came, I laughed coz the way they said it was too funny. so as the whole class.

***

oh ya...
this one boy was looking at his exercise book's cover..
then he asked me a question that was not supposed to be asked- at least not after 2 months.
he asked me,
"cikgu, nama cikgu apa?".
sigh

p/s: im now officially the only female teacher without a ring on my finger...abeslahhhh...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...