Thursday, February 02, 2012

I am the Optimus Prime. huhu

Salam.

"I am grateful that today, there's a form 3 girl who all of a sudden, 
came to me and said with such hope, 
"Teacher, can you please help me to speak English fluently?" - I feel honoured. "
and also, a group of form 5 students who saved  a big slice of yummy choc cake for me. - i feel loved.

***********

As a teacher it is not hard for you to detect an SP gangster in the class. The first moment you get into the class, within that 40 minutes, you could spot the Decepticons.

So for my classes,
3 Alif : so far, everyone is still manageable. these one group of 4 male students; they like to act cool. Such as, assisting me to places as if they were the tough muscular bodyguards *sigh*
3 Ba : ok, spot on. 2students. One of them was the one who made that nasal voice. and one of whom his mother came to the class the time i was about to punish his son. Good timing but i dont have the heart to report everything to his mother (i just told few things bout her son). i was afraid that his mom would feel embarrassed. 
4 Ta : one boy. he is kinda emo. always absent.
4 Tha:  one boy. he was more like the class joker. he even dared to share his silly jokes with me and once, he sang some love songs aloud in the class, as if he is a world class singer.
5 Jim: some lazy arses.. Still owe me homework. Gonna claim it from 'em!

For all these classes, I always, am very strict with homework and datelines. so whenever they disobeyed those rules, they will be punished. and of course they dont like to be punished. but the thing is, sometimes, they completed the work for the sake of finishing it and not to be punished. So they resorted to cheating and copying their friends' work. I want to punish that 'crime' too but their lame excuses are, "we've discussed and did it together, bla(ff), bla (ff).. "

Do you have any tips or things to share?

p/s: I really hope that I wont have to assist students for the run this Sat. huhu

5 comments:

felicia~ said...

i don't think there is any fast shortcut to rectify the behavior of copying someone's homework, but i do write down a note on some of the students' work, especially essays if I realised they are products of copying such as 'your work is similar with XXX. I do hope to see you write something by yourself. Even if u may have many mistakes, at least u try and u learn.'

and i can see that you are doing great there sara :) all the best!

~NuWanDa~ said...

awww! Felicia..a pleasant surprise! thanx for dropping by :)

yes, this copying thingy stms contagious. the funny thing is, they even copied all the wrong spelling, grammar, etc. meaning they copied it bluntly *sigh*.
Ive warned them before in class and also wrote a few notes on their books or essays. perhaps i could elaborate on the 'effort' that they should make to learn, and the fact that making mistake is a part of learning.

and u too Felicia.u always have the zest! :)

fsj said...

darling, mendalam nye lagu terbaru kamu depp :)

urm i did the same as felicia, but i noticed my friend asked her students to write im sorry for copying my friends, and i promise i will never copy any of my friends work in future. seratus kali, and nampak berkesan, tp tryla depp, ;)

~NuWanDa~ said...

haha..which one depp? sedap kan? i think maybe yg OST Gemersik Kalbu tuh kottt.??

wow..yeke..100 times like duwey kene eh? orait, will think bout it. thankiew deputz! :)

~NuWanDa~ said...

haha..which one depp? sedap kan? i think maybe yg OST Gemersik Kalbu tuh kottt.??

wow..yeke..100 times like duwey kene eh? orait, will think bout it. thankiew deputz! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...